2018, Duratrans in aluminium lightboxes, each 180cm x 90cm,2018
Goddemendy 1&2 are two lightboxes that draw on local archaeology in Mulhuddart. This piece relates to the Ringfort complex on the Bay/Goddemendy townlands. It was discovered when the land was being prepared for the new Bristol Meyers Squib plant in 2016. The ring forts and settlements were ploughed back into the ground in the 1600’s and all record of their existence removed until 3 year ago. The piece makes the simple analogy with place names disappearing, literally falling off the map, just as Mulhuddart currently is. Using a name is important and not using it has consequences in perceiving identity.